Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I can't sing

Those of you who have known me forever may think it is not news that I can't sing, but I'm not talking about singing on key, I'm talking about singing at all. I went to a funeral yesterday and tried to sing a couple of notes of Amazing Grace, and I simply could not do it. This inability shocks me; sounding funky is one thing, but losing a function is something else.

I have started talking a bit, and my voice sounds better to my ear, though the tests at the speech therapist's office today tell a somewhat different story. I have more vocal strength, but the distortions in my speech pattern are still pronounced, and in a couple of respects are worse than three weeks ago. Mostly I found today's visit encouraging, but it is clear keeping my vocalizations to a minimum needs to continue for awhile longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment